Well, it’s not like I said I want to be in bed with them. And “on the couch” has a higher PR than “has dinner.” <– I figured Ana would be proud of that little tech-y move;).
I am a psychotherapist, after all.
OK, so think of this post as taking “a mental health day.” As in, this post has next-to-no psychological value if you came here looking for tips for anxiety and depression.
But I’d like to think I have something to offer you today. The lovely Hajra from Hajra Kvetches! bestowed upon me, The Versatile Blogger Award (well, it’s more like she “hot-potato’d” me, but hey–she’s a fellow mental health professional, so she’s cool).
And because nothing in the blogosphere is free, I had to hit up 7 awesome bloggers, and write 7 random things about me. I decided to feature bloggers who I would like to be when I grow up…
Speaking of inspiration, Hajra got me thinking about what motivates me to write weekly posts that tackle anxiety, depression, and that godforsaken job known as “parenting.”
Hmmm, sure-as-shit ain’t the money, honey :p. Despite the hella hard work, I’m truly grateful to my faithful readers, and honored that people read, RT, and FB share.
And, it’s not like we don’t all have issues…
This month www.talktherapybiz.com turns one-year-old. And in the spirit and celebration of official toddler-hood, I would like to delude myself think that if Naomi Dunford of www.ittybiz.com and Tim Brownson of www.adaringadventure.com had a blog baby, it just may be me:).
I can dream, can’t I?
Seven random things about me:
1. I once knocked-out a woman while sparring at the boxing gym, and “gave her” a mild concussion (she easily had 100 lbs. on me, and I quickly realized it was hit hard, or go down harder). Afterwards, I called my instructor, Simon, “a punk-ass bitch” for putting us in the ring together. He laughed, and told me to, “man up.” I did.
2. At the dog park, when people comment that Siberian huskies are known for being really smart, I look down and mumble, “Oh, yeah–right…mine’s really… sweet.”
3. I used to eat Sara Lee “frozen fresh” Chocolate Cake straight from the box for dinner (because nothing screams White Trash…).
4. Most days I’m pretty cool, but when someone walks in the middle of the sidewalk, or a walkway, I go bat-shit crazy inside.
5. On a home-visit for work, I once stole an emaciated caged bunny from someone’s front porch because I thought it would be happier living with me.
6. The second best day of my life was viewing the purple line across the pregnancy stick.
7. I make the sign of the cross whenever I spot road kill. Once, just because nobody else likely blesses the hapless creatures, and sometimes twice (if I remember), because the animal could have been with child.
7 Bloggers I Wish I Could Be Like:
1. Itty Biz -Naomi Dunford- needs no introduction. This Marketing Rock Star knows her SEO, and writes with heart, humor, and a fair amount of explicit language. She also gave me some really cool, free marketing swag, once;).
3. Living Power- Laurie Wallin: is a woman after my social work heart; that is, if I had the balls to foster-adopt two special needs children…Laurie’s going to heaven.
4. Why Is Daddy Crying? “Mr. Chi-Town” : I don’t know his name, but I love him. I usually refer to him as “Dude!” in twitter streams because he’s just that funny. And all the kids I’ve ever worked with from the inner-city deserve a daddy like him–even if he is White.
5. Traffic Generation Cafe- Ana Hoffman is a SEO expert, who just happens to be a super engaging and beautiful person. I’ve learned so much from her gracious technical support; plus, she has a lively commenting section offering SEO, traffic generation tips, and help for the newbies.
6. Every Day Bright-Jennifer Greshem- Poet, Optimist, and PhD Biochemist,<–badass, or what ?;). Jen writes about some heady life topics we can all relate to; that is, if we were gutsy, gracious, and deft enough to pull it off.
7. Life’s Crazy Joke- Meredith Soleau—I love this girl. I just met her via her awesome other blog. Meredith sent me her resume template when I commented in a post that I was interested in changing professions. But that’s not the only reason she’s cool; think of Meredith as the Jessica Simpson of the blogosphere… well, if Jessica was smart.
If you haven’t already, check them out. Or as Meredith might say, “For a good time, call www…”
Who inspires you?
This could be a fellow blogger, a friend, your mama…Everyone deserves recognition…
Have a blessed week:),