“We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.” ~Olin Miller
This is Part 2 of 4 of the Social Anxiety Series. If you missed last week’s post, click here. Make sure to return.
According to research, 19 million+ Americans are diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder every year. You can imagine the international stats…
You do not want to pass up this post–it’s chock-full of actionable anxiety tips + The Best Darn-Ever Guided Visualization Mp3 for “Overcoming Social Anxiety.”
(And why you want to avoid the fate of the infamous Los Angeles Balla… )
VIDEO: Don’t Be Like Lamar Odom
Check this out: Free Mp3: Overcoming Social Anxiety
- Taking action is KEY
- Thinking about getting outside, or doing things differently is not going to happen if you’re stuck in your head
- Wishing is not DOING
Five Things You Can Do Today to Overcome Social Anxiety:
1. Find a role model with tight social skills and emulate him/her
2. Practice eye contact (different from staring)
3. Choose a low-level social rejection activity and do it 3 times today
4. Read this 22 Quick Tips post and pick one thing!
5. Listen to the Awesome Guided Imagery Mp3 (click the link above)
…and a quote from a wise old woman:
What museums, concerts, art shows, poetry readings, walks in the park with your loved ones, friendly coffee klatches with neighbors did you miss out on?” ~Anna Christina
Please leave a comment on the blog and share:
~What material you’d like to be covered next?
~For daily, or weekly updates, subscribe here.
~Please share this info on Facebook or Twitter.
Yours in honesty and mental wellness,